Friday 20 April 2012

Late At Night When My Internal Monologue Should Really Go To Sleep

Sometimes I think I shouldn't publicise my inner thought stream if I want to be taken seriously as a grown up journalist.


However, now that a few freelancing excursions have taken place that make me feel like a real journalist (it feels much like I'm sure Pinocchio felt the day he became a real boy) I have come to the conclusion I'm not going to manage the 'grown up' half of the equation.


That digression aside onto the original purpose of this blog form of late night stream of consciousness. I remember a stand up routine from Irish comedian Ed Byrne about the banality of most men's thoughts. He said that women should not ask what men are thinking because most of the time its something stupid like thinking 'what it would be like to be a spy'.


Now I'm thinking about what it would be like to be a mermaid.


Think about it, you get to go anywhere in the world you want never having to worry about worldly cares like future careers, friends and paying rent. You can travel to the four corners of the Earth, your hair is always shiny with lots of free seashell accessories and hang out with all your fish friends whose only concern is to avoid any stray sharks and don't bother with those ridiculous 'feelings' that your human friends are so obsessed with.

And I'd get a really shiny tail.

Maybe I should be less concerned with those who don't take me seriously and worry about those who seriously think I need to be carted off to the funny farm.

Because they're probably right.

No comments:

Post a Comment